Experienced Mediators in Oakland, Hayward, and Broward
At the Law Offices of Denise Eaton May, we provide mediation services to clients throughout the Bay Area. With more than 30 years of experience on both sides of the courtroom, attorney Denise Eaton May is ideally equipped to help clients understand the other party’s position and effectively resolve disagreements without resorting to costly, time-consuming litigation.
- Business and employment mediation related to severance agreements, discrimination claims, vendor contracts, and other matters
- Probate and estate mediation related to the validity of wills, breach of fiduciary duty, and other concerns
- Real estate mediation related to buy-sell agreements, construction defect claims, and other issues
- Other types of mediation on behalf of insurance companies, property owners, and other clients
“I take pride in the fact that I have more than a decade of experience representing employers and another decade of experience representing employees. That’s rare, and it gives me a unique ability to tell clients exactly what the other side is thinking and what they’re likely to do. This is a powerful tool in mediation.” — Denise Eaton May
What Do Mediators Do?
Strong emotions can often prevent you from seeing the root of the problem in a conflict. The anger or frustration you feel may even cloud your judgment. If you find yourself in the middle of a legal dispute, stop to consider if litigation is the right step. Instead, it may serve your case more to bring in an experienced mediator.
A trained California mediator can:
- Remain neutral while observing both sides of the story to assess the situation of the case
- Facilitate the conversation and nudge obstinate parties to cooperate with each other
- Help both parties set aside their anger to discuss the real issues of the dispute and what is holding up the case
- Identify areas of opportunities and encourage flexibility to find a satisfactory resolution
- Help those involved understand and trust in the process to achieve desired goals
For all your complex cases, seek mediation services from our skilled attorneys. Through this method, we have helped many clients attain results and can help you too.
Is Mediation the Right Choice for Your Situation?
We strongly believe that mediation and other alternative dispute resolution methods provide a superior route to resolution compared to litigation. Mediation is an attractive alternative to litigation for several reasons:
- It’s quicker: Mediation typically takes less time than traditional courtroom litigation.
- It’s less costly: Mediation is generally less expensive than litigation.
- It’s less controversial: Litigation creates an environment that pits disputing parties against each other. Mediation encourages working together and collaborating to agree on a disputed matter.
Learn more about the benefits of mediation or read answers to frequently asked questions about mediation.
Mediation for Attorneys
Court trials can be costly and lengthy, with no guarantee of a favorable outcome. Mediation, on the other hand, gives your clients more control over the end results of their cases. Through mediation, your clients can negotiate and shape the terms of their settlement. To this end, it is crucial that you hire a capable mediator.
When you work with us, you work with attorneys who are:
- Skilled – We know the law and can handle even the most complicated disagreements.
- Efficient – We can identify issues of concern to advance your case as swiftly as possible.
- Practical – We can offer realistic solutions that benefit those involved in the dispute.
- Unbiased – We are impartial and fair, ensuring that both sides feel heard.
- Committed – We dedicate ourselves to seeing the mediation process through to the end.
Rather than resorting to litigation, save your clients time and money with mediation. Let our vast knowledge of mediation and how the process works help you and your clients today.
In mediation, you, as an attorney, can still play an important role. While we focus on leading the dialogue, you keep your clients informed. We understand that your job is to protect your client’s best interest. As a neutral third party, you can trust us to remain objective.
Mediation for All Situations
If disagreements arise over business contracts or discrimination claims, reach out to us. We believe our experience as seasoned mediators can and will make a difference in your case.Based in California, we have served Hayward and surrounding areas for over 30 years. We offer free initial consultations to discuss your needs and answer your questions. To see what business and employment mediation has to offer you, call our office at 510-244-3307. You may also schedule an appointment with one of our California mediators using the online form today.