Quality, Experienced Legal Advice You Can Trust
Whether you are an employer concerned about fair implementation of labor laws and employment policies or an employee who has concerns about a situation in your workplace, one thing is the same: You depend on experienced legal advice to help you understand your rights and, in a legal dispute, vigorously defend those rights.
For more than three decades, attorney Denise Eaton May has been a tireless advocate for clients throughout the Bay Area facing a complex and often confusing legal system. Understanding that clients need a compassionate but zealous lawyer who can achieve results, she has learned over her 30 years in legal practice how to tailor her counsel to reflect the diverse needs of businesses and workers in California.
Denise Eaton May is also available to mediate a wide array of disputes, offering a cost-effective way to create tailored resolutions that truly work for both parties.
Helping Clients Succeed Is More Than A Job; It’s Our Passion
Ms. Eaton May graduated from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) and the UC Davis School of Law. Before going into private practice, she worked as a deputy attorney general for the California Office of the Attorney General, gaining extensive familiarity with state and federal law and gained significant legal experience in public sector employment law.
She also served as deputy County Counsel for County of Alameda, general counsel to the Alameda County Employees Retirement Association (ACERA), Assistant County Counsel for litigation, human resources (HR) director of Alameda County and assistant HR director of Contra Costa County. She has been a member of the following legal organizations:
- The National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- The California Public Employer Labor Relations Association (CALPELRA)
- The County Personnel Administrators Association of California (CPAAC)
- The International Public Management Association (IPMA)
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- The California Association of Black Lawyers
- The California Bar Association
- The American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
To learn more about our firm’s attorneys, click the corresponding links below.